The Australian Mountain Running Association is calling for applications for the Australian teams at the following Championships:
18 June – World Long Distance Mountain Running Championship, Gorski Marathon (42 km), Podbrfdo, Slovenia. Website: http://www.gm4o.si/en.html
Up to 3 men and 3 women may be selected.
11 Sept – World Mountain Running Championships (uphill courses), Sapareva Banya, Bulgaria. Website: http://saparevabanya2016.info/
Up to 6 men, 4 women, 4 junior men and 3 junior women may be selected.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON 18 MAY. The application form, and attached additional information and selection policies, can be found and downloaded by clicking on the High Performance button at the Australian Mountain Running Association website http://www.mountainrunning.coolrunning.com.au/
- An applicant must be an Australian citizen and must be a currently registered member of an Athletics Australia athletics club
- Anti-doping: It is a requirement of the World Mountain Running Association and the IAAF that every Australian team members must be a currently registered member of an Athletics Australia athletics club and agrees in writing to abide by the Athletics Australia Anti-Doping Policy which has been endorsed by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA). See |
- Applicants must provide evidence of performances during the last 12 to 24 months that would indicate that they would be competitive (probably finish in the top half of the field) in the World Mountain Running Championships and/or World Long Distance Mountain Running Championships. Please do not apply if you have not achieved performances at this level.
- Please download and read the information attached to the application form on team funding and selection policies.
- Completed and signed forms can be handed in at registration at this Sunday’s Australian Mountain Running Championships (15 May, Mt Tennent, ACT). Otherwise a fully completed and signed form may be scanned as a PDF and emailed to John Harding: hackettrunner at hotmail dot com
- Inquiries: John Harding: hackettrunner at hotmail dot com