The Australian Mountain Running Association was established in February 1997.
Its objectives are:
- to provide a channel of communication of mountain running information: forthcoming events, results of past events, runner profiles, rankings, training, coaching, overseas news and results.
- to promote mountain running races by means of technical assistance to race organisers and the provision of help, advice and encouragement to mountain runners, and to organise and conduct mountain running races.
- to be a lobbyist for the interests of mountain runners.
- to make definitions on all aspects of mountain running.
- to be affiliated with Athletics Australia and the International Mountain Running Committee.
Membership is $20 per year for individuals and $25 a year for families. Donations to assist in the development of mountain running in Australia are appreciated.
The current Executive is:
42 Stanley Street
HACKETT ACT 2602
Ph. (02) 6248 6905 home
2 Eady Street
DICKSON ACT 2602
Ph. (02) 6161 8864 home (02) 6215 9961 work
|Committee members:||Mick Corlis
64 Ragless Circuit
KAMBAH ACT 2902
Ph. (02) 6296 3969 home
Graham Barralet (QLD rep)
Geoff Stalker (NSW Rep.)